Top 10 Best Roulette Sites of 2021
+25 Free Spins
+200 Free Spins
The Appeal of Online Roulette Sites
Roulette has been a highly popular gambling game for over two centuries. Furthermore, the internet age has shorn the game of much of the exclusive feel that it used to have. Today, the game can be enjoyed at various casino sites that are easily accessible from your own residence.
Hence, there is no need to visit a physical casino. Online roulette is also notable for the variety of its gameplay; the likes of American, European and French roulette can bring up plentiful variations and odds.
Each of these variants presents its own, distinct experience. Naturally, a greater amount of choice can seem very convenient; however, it also means that you have to rely on thorough research to ensure that your choices of variants and sites are wise.
The question of which roulette sites are best cannot be easily answered. This is why, with our reviews of these sites, we touch upon a range of different factors. Consider which of these are most valuable for you and then feed this into your choices.
Getting underway with competing at one of the portals we most recommend can still, however, greatly excite. This is because you can compete for real money, just like you could at a more traditional casino. How much real money you actually win can depend on a range of factors.
Advice for Choosing a Roulette Site
Many people can mistakenly assume the roulette experience is rather uniform across many sites. However, by being meticulous with which operator you choose, you can enable yourself to better enjoy the playing experience and increase your likelihood of big financial returns.
Don't overlook these factors when looking for the most suitable portal for you.
- Game variety - Some sites can outclass others in the variety of games that they offer.
- Software - Your enjoyment of a game can be heavily influenced by its software. Therefore, you should verify that an operator is offering games from reputable software purveyors.
- Promotions and deals - Casino sites can vary in which promotions and deals they offer. You can look at different sites' bonuses in detail by reading our reviews of roulette sites that we strongly recommend. Welcome bonuses and VIP schemes are taken into account in these reviews.
- Payouts - When you do win, how much of a financial haul can you expect? Some sites pay out a much higher percentage of wagered money than others.
Here, we have provided an insight into the criteria by which we judge roulette sites. Our reviews can assist you in fairly and efficiently comparing those web portals.
Popular Types of Roulette
Roulette has produced many variants that each continue to attract many enthusiastic players. Here are five examples of game types; you should thoroughly read about each of the types of roulette, as which of them you choose could have implications for both your gaming enjoyment and chances of winning.
- Live - This is the closest to an online recreation of a land-based casino. With this version, you can watch a video of a croupier acting in real time at a genuine roulette table. We have posted details of various online live casinos that have all won our recommendation.
- American - One of the two main types; European is the other. American roulette wheels have the numbers 1-38, plus 0 and 00.
- European - This is very similar to American roulette; however, its numbers are 1-36 and 0, while there isn't the inclusion of 00. As a result, you are likelier to win if you play the European version.
- French - This uses European roulette's wheel, but there are some differences in the rules. For instance, betting on one number and seeing 0 loses you just half of the bet. There are "call bets" based on how numbers are positioned on the wheel.
- Mini - A relatively rare version, it uses the numbers 0-12 rather than 0-36. The play area is significantly smaller, too. You can read our more detailed breakdown of mini roulette.
How To Play Roulette
Don't feel daunted if you are new to the game, as it is delightfully simple to play. There are three main components of an online roulette game: a board, a wheel and a ball. The numbers are black or red except in the case of the 0 and 00, which are usually green.
Those numbers feature on both the board and the wheel. To start playing, you bet on the number on which you expect the ball to land in the wheel. You can place that bet by literally placing chips within that number's square on the board, but can also boost your odds with multiple bets at once.
This is possible with, for example, Even or Odd betting, where you would bet on all of the even or all of the odd numbers. Alternatively, betting on 1st, 2nd or 3rd dozen means betting on 12 numbers simultaneously. There are yet more options, like betting on a line, square or column of numbers.
Your chosen game will offer a button, labelled ‘Spin’ or ‘Deal’, that you would now click to send that wheel spinning. The ball will eventually stop bouncing as it lands in one of the wheel's numbered pockets. Should the number in question be what you betted on, you'll get a payout.
While roulette is very much a game of chance, various strategies have been devised for increasing the likelihood of success. Here is a rundown of different systems; however, inexperienced players might first benefit from learning these crucial things to know about roulette.
Picking Apart Roulette Jargon
There are various pieces of potentially bewildering jargon that, so far, might have escaped your notice if your experience is lacking. Here are some examples of such terms and their definitions.
- Ball track - This runs around the wheel's rim and has numerous compartments runs, one of which the ball will fall into with every spin.
- Croupier - The person who oversees the roulette game at the table. While you might sometimes see this person dubbed a dealer, it would be more formal and accurate to refer to them as a croupier.
- Marker - Following each spin, the croupier will use this device - the marker - to mark the winning number. After the croupier has taken away this marker, new bets can be placed.
- Orphans - You might particularly often see this term used when you play European roulette. It is a bet on three numbers that, although neighbours on the wheel, remain distant on the table layout.
- Split bet - A bet on a couple of numbers simultaneously.
- Straight bet - A bet on just one number.
- Street bet - Betting on a trio of numbers at the same time.
You can read our complete glossary of roulette terms before seriously engaging with a game, which we hope you will be able to better enjoy online after reading our reviews, too.
Learn more about the world of roulette and the leading sites at Top 10 Best Online Casinos!